This web site is provided and maintained by the Strategies and Land Release team of the Department of Planning & Infrastructure. This privacy statement sets out our practices relating to the privacy of your personal information. Our privacy practices are regulated by the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988 (NSW). Please note we do not have any responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of third party sites linked to this site.
Under the Act, you have the right to know the nature of the information we collect about individuals who use our web site, for what purpose the information is being collected, and how the information is to be used. You may also request access to your personal information collected by us.
If you email us, we will only retain and use your e-mail address for the purpose for which you have provided it. It will not be added to a mailing list without your consent.
Site Visit Data
To help us improve our website and provide better services to its users, we make a record of your visit and log the following information:
- the user's service address
- the user's top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.);
- the address of your server; and
- the date and time of your visit to the site.
Cookies are not used from this site to collect information.
Exceptions to the Rule
We will not collect, use and disclose more extensive information than stated above except in the following circumstances:
- unauthorised attempts to access files that are not published on these pages
- unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on this site
- unauthorised attempts to index the contents of this site by other sites
- attempts to intercept messages or other users of the site
- communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or which give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed
- attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server, breach the laws of the State of New South Wales or Commonwealth of Australia, or interfere with the enjoyment of the site by other users
- any other circumstances permitted under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988.
Community Relations Team
GPO Box 39
Sydney NSW 2001
Tel: 1300 730 550
Fax: (02) 9895 7670